Grab your ingredients and make Huevos Rancheros From O'Flynn's at home today. This is our take on the classic breakfast dish made famous in rural parts of Mexico. Our version of this well known dish is thanks to Adam who is one of our foodie's here in the O'Flynn's team! Huevos Rancheros became popular as it was most typically served on farms or ranches throughout Mexico. Hence the name Huevos Rancheros or 'rancher's eggs' when translated to English. To make this we recommend using the meat from our Mexican Chorizo sausages. split them from their casing and squeeze the meat out. These popular sausages are made using fresh chorizo meat with each sausage having a minimum of 90% meat content. The Mexican Chorizo sausages can be found from our stall in Cork's English Market. This delicious breakfast dish which is full of flavour will set you up nicely for the day! This is a simple but fun dish to make. To find more recipes just like 'Huevos Rancheros From O'Flynn's' click here
Huevos Rancheros From O’Flynn’s
- 6 O’Flynn’s Gourmet Mexican Chorizo Sausages
- 1 Onion, peeled and diced
- 1 Red Chili Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 2 Large Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 – 2 Sprigs of Fresh Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Lime Cut Into Wedges
- 2 Large Eggs
- Take a large frying pan to cook your dish.
- Slice the O’Flynn’s Mexican Chorizo Sausage casing and squeeze out the chorizo meat.
- Fry the chorizo meat for a few minutes over moderate heat.
- Add the diced onion, chili pepper and the mixed peppers to your pan and fry for approximately five minutes or so.
- Occasionally stir your dish when frying.
- Add your chopped tomatoes and fresh oregano.
- Add a little salt and black pepper for seasoning if you wish.
- Simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Make two indentations in the sauce and break the eggs in to it.
- Place the lid over your frying pan and continue to slowly cook on low to moderate heat for a further five minutes until your eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!
- For some extra taste, squeeze a little drizzle of lime from your lime wedge over your dish.
- Corn tortillas are a great addition to this dish!