Wow! Check out this delicious Sweet Italian Sausage Ragu created by Amy Jane from Greedy Guts Food Blog! Amy Jane paired our gourmet Sweet Italian sausages and the tasty Spicy Tomato Pasta Sauce from Ballymaloe Foods for this delicious and easy sausage ragu recipe. Ballymaloe Foods make this Spicy Tomato Stir In Pasta Sauce in small batches using all-natural ingredients. The addition of chili spices up any dish and enhances flavour and it’s perfect for stirring into hot, freshly cooked pasta. Our sausage makers craft this Italian inspired sausage using a blend of herbs and spices such as paprika, fennel, basil, oregano, garlic, and more. Like our Sweet Italian sausage, the Ballymaloe Spicy Tomato Stir In Pasta Sauce is also gluten free. You can find our Sweet Italian Sausage in selected SuperValu and independent stores throughout Munster or from our stall in The English Market. Try make this delicious sausage ragu dish at home and make sure to share the results with us! Head over to Greedy Guts Food Blog on Instagram and check out some more amazing food inspiration ideas!
Sweet Italian Sausage Ragu
- O’Flynn’s Sweet Italian Gourmet Sausages
- Olive Oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- Ballymaloe spicy tomato sauce
- Pasta of your choice.
- 1/2 zested lemon
- Heat 2tbsp of olive oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- In a seperate pan, boil water for the pasta. Add a table spoon of salt to the water. When the water comes to the boil add the pasta. Cook until done.
- In the heated pan, fry the chopped onion with a pinch of salt for roughly 7 minutes.
- Crush your garlic
- And the garlic, chilli and rosemary to the onion and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add in the Ballymaloe Spicy Tomato Pasta Sauce.
- Let this pan simmer on a low heat while you cook the sausages.
- Heat 1tbsp of oil on a seperate pan and get ready to cook your sausages.
- Gently slice the sausage down the length and remove the sausage meat from the skin and fry. Break it up with a wooden spoon while cooking.
- When the sausage is cooked, add it to your sauce.
- Add a few spinach leaves.
- Serve to a bowl.
- Sprinkle chilli flakes
- Grate some parmesan over the top.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley