Thanks to local chef Bryan McCarthy from Greenes Restaurant for featuring our Spicy Mediterranean sausages in his tasty dish on RTÉ Today recently with Dáithí Ó Sé & Maura Derrane. Bryan picked up all his ingredients before the show in different stalls in The English Market, Cork to create a simple pasta dish to cook at home with the kids using our sausages. We make our Spicy Mediterranean pork sausages with a blend of paprika, garlic and cumin. Check it out on the RTÉ Player. Try out this tast Spicy Mediterranean Sausage with Spaghetti at home with the kids and make sure to send us in your pictures!
Spicy Mediterranean Sausage with Spaghetti
- 4 O’Flynn’s Spicy Mediterranean Sausages
- 1 packet of Spaghetti
- 1 litre passata (tomato sauce)
- Wild garlic pesto
- Smoked Tomato Pesto
- 50g butter
- Salt & Black & pepper
- Place a large pot of water with salt and a little oil onto boil
- When the water is warm place the sausages in the water and poach for 4 minutes then refrigerate.
- Put the passata in a pot and heat slowly.
- After the sausages are cool, cut them in 2cm lengths and thread ¾ spaghetti through each piece of sausage this is great for kids.
- After, return the sausage with the pasta to the now boiling water and cook for 3 minutes then strain.
- Add to the tomato passata.
- Add a decent spoon of smoked tomato pesto.
- Add a good handful of parmesan
- Finish with wild garlic or basil pesto and more parmesan.