@MyKitchenHeaven has done it again! Look at this delicious Stuffed Pesto Pasta Shells with Sweet Italian dish! Food blogger Malwina, or also known as ‘My Kitchen Heaven‘ has created this tasty pasta dish using our Sweet Italian Sausages with fresh herbs, ricotta cheese in a tomato sauce. Follow Malwina on Instagram or Facebook for some more amazing food inspiration! Create this tasty dish at home using our Sweet Italian gourmet sausage. We make our Sweet Italian sausage using a blend of herbs such as paprika, basil, oregano, garlic, and more. Available in select stores nationwide or from our stall in Cork’s English Market. Make sure to try this Stuffed Pesto Pasta Shells with Sweet Italian at home! Perfect for an every day family meal.
Stuffed Pesto Pasta Shells with Sweet Italian
- 6 O’Flynn’s Sweet Italian Gourmet Sausages
- Half bag of pasta shells
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- Basil pesto
- Salt + pepper
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Handful of fresh thyme and basil
- 1 jar of your favourite tomato sauce
- Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 Cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Heat a medium-large saute pan on medium heat.
- Add in chopped onion, 3 cloves of garlic and sausage.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Add in sauce and stir together.
- Bring sauce/sausage mixture to a small simmer and remove from heat.
- Transfer sausage mixture to a large casserole dish.
- Cook pasta shells according to package until they are al dente. About 7-8 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking prepare ricotta pesto filling. In a large bowl mix together ricotta, 5 tsp of pesto, oregano, 1 clove of garlic, sweet paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir together until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer filling into a piping bag and cut the end.
- Drain pasta shells and run under cool water until they are cool enough to touch.
- Fill shells with ricotta filling and place into sausage mixture filled casserole dish.
- Continue until all shells are filled.
- Top with fresh mozzarella, shredded Parmesan and sprinkle the remaining pesto.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and golden.
- Serve immediately