Make sure you try Wild Atlantic Taste's Spicy Sausage Casserole dish! Just like this recipe, they have been created their dishes using inspiration from the Wild Atlantic Way This Spicy Sausage Casserole recipe from the Wild Atlantic Taste uses our meaty Pork & Leek sausages in a tasty, spiced tomato sauce. This tasty economical meal is best served with Irish brown soda bread. Nutritious but straightforward and perfect for a mid-week family meal. They recommend using our Pork & Leek sausages with can be found in Cork’s English Market. Recently they created a delicious hearty Bangers & Mash recipe using our Cumberland Sausages. Check out more tasty recipes just like this over on their site.
Wild Atlantic Taste’s Spicy Sausage Casserole
- 6 Pork & Leek Sausages from O’Flynn Gourmet Sausages, roughly sliced
- 6 rashers, roughly chopped
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 400g (1 tin) of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 200ml of chicken bouillon
- 2 tsp of cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Few slices of brown soda bread
- Few twigs of watercress
- Place a large pot with thick bottom over medium-high heat. Drizzle with rapeseed oil.
- Add the onion together with garlic and fry for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the rashers and continue cooking until it colours.
- Add tomato paste with brown sugar into the pot and keep cooking for further 3 minutes.
- Add sliced sausages into the pot and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the cajun seasoning, smoked paprika, ground cumin and cook together for about 1 minute.
- Stir in tin tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken bouillon and brown sugar.
- Reduce the heat and bring gently to a simmer.
- Continue cooking for further 30-40 minutes.
- Ladle spicy sausage casserole into bowls.
- Sprinkle with few fresh watercress twigs as a garnish on top.
- Serve with brown soda bread.